Saturday, May 26, 2012

Diets Galore



As you know I have been following weight watchers old point plan and WALKING my buns off.

You would think with all that WALKING I would lose more than a half a pound a week.  I mean REALLY!

I tried just eating at the lower range of the points, only lost a half a pound.

I ate at the mid range point, only lost a half a pound.

And I've tried the high end of the points, only lost a half a pound.

I am not a happy camper, especially when family, friends tell me they lost four pounds or etc on their diets.  UGH!!

BUT, a half a pound a week adds up to two pounds a month which in turn adds up to twenty four pounds a year.

I need to remind myself of this a lot.  Other wise I will become very discouraged.

My son loaned me his book on the Paleo Diet and I read through it.  Now this diet cuts out all grains, dairies and legumes.

I went on line to see if I could find more information about this diet and found there are several interpretations of the Paleo Diet.

And of course they contradict each other in some areas.


It seems each diet around goes from one extreme to the other.

There is the vegan diet, the raw food diet, and etc.

AND I know I need a diet I can live on the rest of my life.  So really it has to fit in my life and pattern of eating.

 So I have researched and read everything I could find on nutrition on the web and I have come to a conclusion, NO ONE, not scientists, nutritionist or lay person knows what is really good for us.  It is all a guessing game.


Each of us is different and our bodies seem to use the food we take in, in different ways.  What seems to be good for one person is not great for another person.


The only thing agreed upon is processed foods aren't really that great for us.  Okay, but in our fast paced world, sometimes processed foods are all we have time for.


My conclusion is moderation in all things is the key.  So I will stay on the points system, try to eat less processed foods and more fresh.  I will dance with glee for each half a pound I lose, knowing I can live on this plan, because of course I can cheat once in a while and still lose my half a pound.  I mean really there are times I would kill for a chocolate chip cookie from Paradise Bakery.


Still working on my WIP because the characters are not behaving and doing a lot of WALKING.


Drop a line and let me know what you are doing.


See you around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment