Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Living The Diet



I have a link to U tube showing an eagle trying to get something out of a river.  It is very entertaining and shows you how he solves his problem.  Eagle of Baton Rouge


I am still working on walking for exercise.  I love going to the malls or other big businesses to walk.  This way I can window shop and watch other people.  I enjoy watching people and forget I am really exercising.

WIP is still giving me fits.  I can't seem to get from B to C.  Simmering a lot of different ideas on how to do it.

I have also been trying to read and do reviews on the books I've read.  Then reading all the blogs I follow, face book and Pinterest, I have been a busy girl.

I have also enjoyed spending time with my son Jesse and his wife Tina.  We ate some fantastic BQ last Saturday.

Those who are near and dear to me know I have been fighting the weight monster all my life.  Give it an inch and it will add a mile to my ass body.

If I had put all the money I have spent on all the new diet crap  fads, I would be loaded in money.  You name it, I bought it and tried it.


As you remember I am back on Weight Watchers and I listened to what I was thinking the other day and realized why I have never stayed on it for very long.  It was because as you lose weight your points became a smaller number and I was worried about going hungry.  Yeah, that right I do think, once in a while.

With this in mind, I begin looking through my library of diet books and ran across "Eat What You Love Love What You Eat" by Michelle May, M. D. 


I began to thumb through it and she told me the same as all the other diets to be mindful of what I eat.  I never really understood that.  I thought I was paying attention to what I ate, but I'm not sure I really was doing what they wanted me to do. 


I read all of the book this time and I realized what she was telling me, was to know the signals my body sends when it is hungry and when it is full.  Maybe this is what they meant about being mindful of what you eat.


I don't know about you guys but I had forgotten how it felt to be really hungry and when to stop eating before I was in pain.  I ate by the clock and I ate until my plate was clean.


Sooo, I have decided to listen to my body and found out, It doesn't take that much food to make me comfortably full.  I was amazed and thrilled to realize the difference in how I felt after eating the right amount.


Now I wait to eat until my body says it is hungry.  Sometimes though I'm not sure, so I drink some water or have a cup of coffee, tea and walk around for a bit to figure out if I am hungry or if I am just bored.


I have found I eat more often, but I eat vegetables or have soup for the extras. 


Unfortunately, or it could be fortunately I don't need all the points to fill me up.  I figure I will listen to my body and let the points worry about themselves.  I mean do we eat the same amount of food every day?  I know I don't, what about you?


Maybe this time, I have found the key to successful weight loss and keeping it off.  Time will tell.

Of course don't get me wrong.  It is not easy to understand what your body is telling.  So there will be flubs along the way, but I will keep trying to get it right.


What have you found helps you to stay on your diet?


What helps you to stay on your diet?


As for the walking it is going great.  I find myself walking around the house without thinking about it.  I get up from in front of the TV and just start walking.  It's like my body has a mind of it's own and it wants to move.  Go figure!


See you around the block.




No comments:

Post a Comment