Friday, March 30, 2012


See the black and yellow butterfly!


Good news, I found out it was my shoes making my calves hurt.  Hallelujah!  Today I had to walk farther to get in my fifteen minutes.  Meaning I am slowly working back into shape.  LOL!

I received an email from a reader asking what books I would recommend to learn how to write.

I thought about it and realized, I couldn't think of any books to help a person become a writer.

Think of it this way, learning to write is a lot like learning to play a musical instrument.  You can read all the music books in the world, but that want help you to learn to play the instrument.

You need to pick up the instrument and practice over and over again until you have a beautiful melody.

As a second grade teacher I always told my students, that the written word was like music.  There was a rhythm to it.  When you read, you should feel and hear the melody.

Writing is the same way, there is a rhythm and melody to it.  The only way you can become a writer is to write over and over again, until you hear the melody of the piece.

The written word is music and if you do it right, a fantastic melody will be heard by all.

The old saying "practice makes perfect", but really it makes music.

Do your nerves get the better of you when you walk into a doctor's office?  Let me tell you, my BP jumps at least 10 digits.  I don't understand it, I mean really I use to work for doctors.  I know they are human like the rest of us, but lord the anxiety builds the minute my appointment time approaches.   All is fine and BP medication is still working. 


Joan Reeves  blog today is about creating a Gravatar.  You know, that thingy that shows up next to your name on the internet.  Mine is the yellow flowers.


Jonathan Antoine/Charlotte Jaconelli  every time I watch these two sing together it brings tears to my eyes.  For two such young people they are fantastic.  Check it out and see what I mean.


Lynn Viehl  on her blog she has two books she recommends reading if you need help with your writing.  I know I just got through saying, you just needed to write, but some people need books to guide them.  Give me a break!


C. Hope Clark has written about using dialect in your stories.  Give her a peek and you could be happier than a dead pig laying in the sunshine.  Her words not mine.  Ha!  Mine are more corny like thicker than molasses in the middle of winter.


Mary Curran Hackett gives the young girls of today a high five.  It is great to read about what is good about this younger generation.  Mary makes a lot of sense.

Mary Incontro  has an interesting blog over at Writer's Unboxed.  She talks about being self conscious of her age for the first time. 


Sinner's Sonnet another music video from u tube that is good.  I love the tune. 


The Bloggess has a fun blog today.  I wonder if any of our old relatives dug up a body before?  My son did have his grandma ashes on his piano.  Do you think this is strange?


Jungle Red Writer is asking for traveling tips and the other jungle writers give her some tips.  Give it a read and you might pick up hints for your next trip or not.


See you around the block.





No comments:

Post a Comment