Friday, April 20, 2012

A Bit of Sugar



Today I spent time reading the blogs of other writers and found some really interesting ones and found some that made me smile with remembrance.

Jenny Hansen  blog brought back my youth with mention of American Band Stand and Dick Clark.  Lord I grew up watching that show and I also learned some of my moves on the dance floor.    Then Jenny had a clip from U Tube of  The Monkees.  I remember curling up in front of the TV to watch this show with my family.  I was lucky that my parents also enjoyed the music and shows. 

Mom and Dad watched all the musical shows on TV with us kids and took us to the drive in theater and the regular theater to see all the musical movies, such as Elvis Presley, the beach movies with Annette Funicello and the Beatles.  You name it I saw it.  They loved all kinds of music and introduced us to their music also.  I love a wide range of different music from Classical to Hip Hop.

I raised my own children listening to old and new music and watching old black and white movies to new movies.  My daughter adores the old black and white musicals and drives her husband crazy watching them.  LOL! 



We have lost both Dick Clark and Davey Jones and I can only say "Rest in peace gentlemen, you will always be remembered.

Rachelle Gardner  asks "What's the most difficult thing about being a writer?"  I think the most difficult thing about being a writer is continuing to write even though your e books aren't selling.  I keep telling myself maybe some day my books will be read and enjoyed. 


Abby  is complaining about getting old at 30 years old!  Goodness, wait until she is in her sixties and then she will have reasons to complain.  I love reading Abby's blog, she is entertaining.


Mark Williams  has a blog and today was about where and how he lives.  He makes his living with writing and could live any where he wants and in what ever style he chooses.   I found it interesting and enjoyed seeing the pictures he shared.


Scary Mommy  this blog was interesting and important for all of us to read it.  It is about raising a transgender child.  She gives you a link to follow to find out more about the family she is writing about.  Luckily more and more of us are realizing we can not expect everyone to be like us.  We need to accept people as they are.  With knowledge comes acceptance of what was considered out of norm as normal for the person involved. 


Nicole Storey wrote about a reading group who didn't want to read her Grimsley Hollow book, because the main character has autism.  She is letting readers know autism is not mental illness.   I read Grimsley Hollow and found it to be an entertaining book.  I loved it and the characters.    Really People, grow up!  Read the damn book and you will enjoy it!

Lynn Viehl has a test for writers to take if they are thinking of writing a romantic paranormal fiction.  Never know you could learn something from it.  I'm just saying ...

See you around the block. 









No comments:

Post a Comment