Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Choose a Mommy



Ann Kimball another funny mommy is over at Scary Mommy writing her blog.  talks about channeling different personalities of moms on television.   It is a funny blog and you will enjoy it.

I've come up with a few more moms for her to channel: 

Leave It To Beaver's mom June Cleaver.  She was always classy looking without a hair out of place.  She was soft spoken and her house was spotless.  Hmm, the magic of TV.

Does anyone remember The Donna Reed Show?  Donna had two teenage children and ran her house smoothly while looking as if she walked off a magazine.  Once again, her house was spotless.

How about Harriet Nelson on The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet?  Harriet wore her pearls and her tiny pretty apron.  Yes, her house was spotless even though she had two sons.

Then can we forget Bewitched?  We all wanted to be a witch like Samantha and twitch our noses.  I mean who needs a maid (Alice) if the work can be done with the twitch of your nose?

What about Joan Crawford?  Remember the movie about her parenting skills, Mommy Dearest?

Lord if I could channel it would be Samantha.  With a twitch of my nose I could do everything and have life go very smoothly.  Yes, ...... Sorry I was picturing me younger, slimmer and a shiny clean house.

 Now onto something else.

Liana Brooks blog needs to be read by the people who do not buy the author's book, even though they are a Family member or a best Friend or a neighbor.  She has some ideas for what they could do to help the writer.   I hope some people will read this and follow her advice.

Please give an author a break!

K. B. Owens blog is really about racoons.  Some of the stories she tells are funny.  Living in the Arizona desert, I don't  have a problem with racoons, so I think of them as cute.  Aren't they part of the rodent family?  Ugh!  I don't like rats, they are as persistent as raccoons.


Bill Kirton  has a very interesting blog about Neanderthals.  I had watched a show recently about them and it turns out they were a little more complex than we thought.    I know it isn't about writing, but it is interesting.

And if you need a really big laugh......The bloggess   I was laughing so hard I cried.  This woman is completely crazy like the rest of us and doesn't mind showing it.

I think I will end this blog on a laugh.



See you around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment