Friday, December 9, 2011

Need to do More Writing





I've been working on my third book to get it ready for uploading as an e book.  Then the book came to a halt when one of my readers told me, she knew who the murderer was by the third chapter.

I thought, "That's not good.  Some readers would stop reading at that point."  So I put the book aside while I thought about it.

My reader said, "she continued to read because she wanted to know how the murderer was caught."

I wondered how many readers out there would do that and I figured not many.

A few days passed I read through the story again.  It was like a light bulb turned on.

I could fix the story by letting the reader and Charlie know who the murderer was, but not let the main characters know who the murderer was.

I mean really who listens to a loud mouth parrot?  Not many people I am sure.

So now I am having to rewrite parts of it and add more to my story.  I think it will turn out to be better than the story I had orginally wrote or at least I hope so.

I am hoping with this book my readers will know and love my characters.  Care about what is happening in their lives and hungry to want to know more.

Piece by piece I am building the characters.  Letting the reader know how they are feeling, how they interpret certain things and know the hang ups my character has that sometimes derail us all in life. 

You know those speed bump kind of things.

Have you ever had this kind of thing happen to you?  Did you go back and fix the problem?

See you around the block.




Some blogs you may have missed:


Liana Brooks  has a funny blog today about getting locked out of her house.  She shows how women can be creative and use what they have to get help.


Lynn Viehl is keeping Barnes & Noble busy.  Wow!  Look at the books she bought.  A reader in hog heaven for sure.

The Bloggess is always a hoot to read.  So if you need a laugh read this blog.

Lucy Burdette blog is about the characters we remember in stories.  Our characters in our stories are important if we want the reader to remember the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment