Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!




I hope everyone has a very Happy and Festive Thanksgiving.

I am baking pies for my part of the Thanksgiving celebration.  I will be spending it over at my youngest son Toney's home and my third son Jesse and his wife Tina.  Jesse and Tina are driving in from Albuquerque, New Mexico.  They don't mind the drive, because these two enjoy each others company so much.  I am impatiently waiting to spend time with my children.  Life may be filled with time saving devices, but for some reason life is very busy and we don't get to visit with each other as much as we like.

On Friday, I will be making spanish rice and it is nothing like the recipes.  It is a recipe of my own.  I will take my spanish rice over to my second son Wayne's home.  To do a late celebration of Thanksgiving with his wife Claire and their two children.  Also Jesse and Tina will be there and Toney has promised to drop in for a few minutes.

I sit here thinking of Thanksgiving past when my husband and I were young and the kids were small.  We always had a big celebration that included John's brothers and their families.  I remember the laughter, the talking and all the smiles shared.  We ate until we thought we would pop.

The women would do the cleaning up, the kids are outside playing and the husbands are in front of the television arguing about a play that was call in the football game.

Kitchen clean the ladies would come in and sit down by their husbands or we would stay in the kitchen to catch up on the latest happenings in our lives and gossip.

After everyone had room for dessert, the pies would be cut topped with whip cream or ice cream and sometimes the grown ups would play cards while the kids played.

I miss those times.  But I am very thankful I have the memories of what it truly was like to have a houseful of family and the laughter we all shared.  John and his brother Jim are no longer with us and we are thankful for the time we had with both of these fantastic men.



Remember to take a lot of pictures of your times together.  They will help you to remember more of the happy times spent together.  Unfortunately we didn't take a lot of pictures of our times together and have only our memories to remind us about them.



Happy Thanksgiving!!


See you around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment