Monday, October 3, 2011

Talk, read, write

My third book is moving alone, I haven't settled on a title yet.  I either have a long title or a very short title. 

Thank you to the person who is reading my blog and made a comment.  I now know there is someone out there.

Back to the story I am working on now.  There is a mouthy parrot in this story and he wants his thoughts heard.  I keep telling him no, but yet I wonder if I shouldn't let his thoughts be known.  I only have one person POV in the story.  Does the reader need to know the thoughts of all the main characters in a story?  The parrot is one of the main characters, without him there wouldn't be a story or should I tell the story only from the parrot's POV, but I don't really think this will work without my human characters thoughts and feelings moving the story along. 
What do you think?
The story :  Wendy has an unexpected visitor one morning.  It is a parrot who has blood on his feet and feathers, telling her a murder has been committed and Butler did it.  Everyone thinks the parrot means the butler did it.  The cops laugh and think the woman and parrot are crazy.
So far I have only had Wendy's POV, but is it enough?
Let me know what you think.
See you around the block

No comments:

Post a Comment