Friday, January 6, 2012

Not All Cylinders Are Working



Another picture taken at the Phoenix Botanical Gardens.  I have some others but I will need to crop because of having people in them I do not know.  Hmm, note to self, don't take pictures with strangers in them.

I am not hitting on all cylinders today and I'm not sure why.  I'm thinking of taking a long walk in my favorite park.  It is a desert oasis in the middle of the city.  While walking along the paths you can forget you are in the city.  My brother enjoys this park when he comes to visit.

I've noticed some techno jargon going on in facebook and most of the time I am going huh.  My youngest son Toney loves to talk techno jargon when he is working on my computer and I have this blank look on my face.

When he is finished, I will ask, "What happens when I hit this button."  Of course I hit the button as I'm asking.

This time Toney's face goes blank and then a slow grin spreads across his face, "Hope you backed up recently."

I smile and feel proud, "I back up all the time.  I have to back out from beneath the car port when I go somewhere."

"Ah, that's not the kind of back up I'm talking about.  It is where you save your files every night.  There are on line places or you can use an external system."

At this point I just look at him and choose to ignore what he is saying.  Really, I'll just make sure each file is also on my lap top.  That should work.

It seems strange they take an ordinary word like back up and turn it into a complicated thing (or what ever you call it).

Now I change subjects.  They tell you to write like you talk and this is how I talk jumping from one thing to another and coming up with a question to their reply on what I first began talking about.  Yah, I know I make you dizzy.  

I have been biting my nails recently as I read some blogs and they tell us we need to create trailers for our books.  Trailers are like mini advertisment you put out on U tube.  Whining  "Do I Have To Do It?"  Talk about being thrilled when one of the writers wrote on his face book page he hadn't seen trailers increase his sale at all. 

I wiped the sweat from my brow and grinned.  I didn't have to learn how to do trailers.  Yah!  Really, I would just rather write.

Now the most interesting blog I have read is:

Kristine Kathryn Rusch     
Had an interesting article on Writers will work cheap.  She gives some links to find magazines that are buying stories.  Sounded good to me and you may want to check out some of the sites.  Look through the comments and you will find more sites.  The Spicy Green Iguana they talk about does not exist any more, so you can skip that one.




See you around the block.








No comments:

Post a Comment